Equality & Diversity
What is Equality & Diversity and how will we promote this?
Equality is ensuring individuals or groups of individuals are treated fairly and equally and no less favourably, specific to their needs, including race, gender, disability, religion or belief, sexual orientation and age.
Promoting equality should remove discrimination in all the aforementioned areas. Bullying, harassment or victimisations are also considered as equality & diversity issues.
Diversity aims to recognise, respect and value people’s differences to contribute and realise their full potential by promoting an inclusive culture for all staff and young people.
How can we promote equality & diversity?
- By treating all staff & young people fairly
- Creating an inclusive culture for all staff & young people
- Enable all staff & young people to develop to their full potential
- Equip staff & young people with the skills to challenge inequality and discrimination in their environment
- Make certain that any learning materials do not discriminate against any individual or group
- Ensure policies, procedures and processes do not discriminate
- Ensuring equal access to opportunities to enable young people to experience and learn through education & knowledge of all diverse cultures & religions