Become a Residential Childcare Support Worker
£26,880 to £28,560 per year plus benefits
Positions available in Lancaster
We are looking for dynamic and inspirational Residential Childcare Support Workers to join our team in providing a safe, secure and positive environment for vulnerable young people.
Roles and responsibilities
As a support worker in a residential children’s home, your main duties and requirements would include, but not are not limited to:
- Providing the young people with emotional and social support, helping them to develop meaningful relationships with other children and adults, as well as encouraging them to become involved with local communities.
- Carry out domestic duties within the home, involving the children and young people where appropriate and plan, shop and prepare meals, ensuring they have a varied and well balanced diet.
- Promoting, safeguarding and protecting the welfare of our young people
- Encouraging the development of individual interests of our young people
- A desire to learn, we provide full training for you to achieve a Childcare Diploma
- Experience of supporting young people who may be vulnerable is desired but not essential
- Successful applicants will be subject to a DBS check at enhanced level
As a support worker, you will have a vital role in providing care, support, and guidance to vulnerable children and young people. It requires a great deal of compassion, patience, and empathy, as well as the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
What we offer
- Yearly pay increments on development
- Cooperate gym membership
- Competitive salary + 5k approx per year sleep in payments
- Medical insurance on two year employment
- Regular supervisions
- Company pension
- Access to our Exchange Employee Discount Scheme
- Access to welling programmes via our Exchange Provision
- Comprehensive training programme, followed by ongoing CPD
- Promotion opportunities
Discounts with over 740 retailers, including:
About Bay View Childcare
We aim to provide stability and care for three young people 10-17 (inclusive) who have been found to be experiencing emotional and behavioural difficulties.
At Bay View Childcare, we believe all young people that are deemed to be challenging and are looking for a comfortable and caring environment will be able to work towards achieving better outcomes.
Our purpose is to provide a therapeutic & nurturing environment that will enable the young people in our care to experience happier times and work towards a brighter more prosperous future.
On providing an extensive care package and working closely with established working relationships with all multi-agencies, each young person will have the opportunity to strive and achieve in their own personal goals.
The stable staff team provides good continuity of care for children. Staff feel supported by the acting manager and senior leaders. They receive regular supervision and are expected to participate in additional supervision and discussion, where the manager believes this to be beneficial, to promote staff’s development and understanding.
Staff work hard to develop positive relationships with the children. Children told the inspector that the staff are the best thing about living in the home. Staff are nurturing and have an excellent understanding of the children’s backgrounds and needs.
Apply today and help make a difference to young people
Become a part of the Polaris Community
We are part of one of the largest providers of children’s services and our community of services span the length and breadth of the whole of the UK.
Our nurturing community works collectively to support the very best outcomes for each and every child in our care. We’re ambitious for our children and young people, families and staff, and believe in their futures.